This is another quick, easy and healthy recipe for a mid-week meal. I add varying amounts of chilli flakes, depending on how hot I want my meal on that particular day!
Salmon and Chilli Noodles
- 2 salmon fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 nests of thin noodles
- Chilli flakes
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 392°F.
- Place the salmon onto a baking tray and thinly coat with olive oil. Season well and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to crisp and the salmon is steaming hot throughout.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, thinly chop the onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Fry in a pan on a medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil until al-dente.
- Add soy sauce, the rest of the lemon juice and chilli flakes according to taste. Season well.
- Leave to simmer on a low heat and cook the noodles (approximately 3-5 minutes boil).
- Mix the noodles with the vegetables and sauce in a pan.
- Plate up and place the salmon fillet on top.
Depending on the season, you can replace and/or add different vegetables. For example, thinly sliced courgettes and spinach also work well if you have them. Do let me know if you have any suggestions for this or any other recipe.
Eleanor is obsessed with stories. She writes for a number of online spaces including This is Your Kingdom, edits Creative Countryside, curates #aseasonalyear and teaches at Chalk House. In addition, she is currently studying for an MA in Creative Non-Fiction Writing. You'll find her roving the fields of the Lincolnshire Wolds or planning her next rural adventure.