Autumn has flown by in a whirl of leaves and has reached its muddy end; we now welcome in the new season of frosts and revel as one year comes to a close and another begins.
So what's in store for the winter months ahead?
- Have a festive film night and spend some quality time with family.
- Set goals for the new year.
- Enjoy the snow (if we get any) and the frost (if we don't), making sure to take lots of long walks.
- Whisk up some pancakes for breakfast and have a leisurely start to a weekend.
- Put together a photobook from the past year.
- Have a spa day at home.
- Try out some new wintry recipes.
- Craft more. Make time for hobbies.
- Do yoga, pilates, or meditate to avoid the stresses of the season.
- Plan out the year in the garden.
Eleanor is obsessed with stories. She writes for a number of online spaces including This is Your Kingdom, edits Creative Countryside, curates #aseasonalyear and teaches at Chalk House. In addition, she is currently studying for an MA in Creative Non-Fiction Writing. You'll find her roving the fields of the Lincolnshire Wolds or planning her next rural adventure.