I was going to post something different today - a more thoughtful and indecisive piece on things I have been considering lately - but when I woke up this morning I felt like it didn't fit, and happily I remembered that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and so I was inspired. Although I do not celebrate the American holiday, nevertheless it provides a wonderful opportunity to consider everything I am thankful for, to take a step back from the chaos of today and realise that actually, life is full of positive people and moments to cling to and embrace. So here goes...
- My family. I have a very close family and we stick together through everything; we celebrate birthdays, mourn losses and go on holiday together, and I am so incredibly fortunate to have this constant support network surrounding everything I do.
- My friends. Some have drifted down south, some abroad, others are new friends from the past few years, but what they all have in common is that I know if ever I needed them they would be there. And that's a heart-warming thought.
- My home and life in the countryside. This blog is evidence itself of the joys that living in a rural location bring, and the opportunities I am able to experience because of where we have chosen to set up our life together. The changing in seasons in the countryside is a joy to watch and be thankful for.
- My job, and Mr CC's job. No matter how many lows we experience, no matter how many days we return and think - is this really worth it? - it is. At the end of each working week, we can both truly say that we have made a difference, and how wonderful is that?
- This blog. Not only has it given me the chance to meet some lovely new people, it has also provided me with a creative outlet to share my thoughts and ideas, and to write on a regular basis.
So what do you have to be thankful for?