- Make more preserves, specifically marmalade, jams and pickles, to see us through the year without having to pop to the shops all the time.
- Stop buying things I don't need. In a similar vein to the resolution above, I'm frustrated that I forever allow myself to buy things from the supermarket that invariably I either don't need or could make myself.
- Always have nature in the home. I try to bring flowers in during the summer months but I want to feel a part of the outside world for more than just three months of the year.
- Explore more. There's a veritable feast of nature's delights on my doorstep and sometimes I need to step back for a moment and make time to forage and wander.
- Be brave with new recipes and try to avoid frozen food (fish finger sandwich anyone?) even when I'm busy.
- Be self sufficient in more than just potatoes and onions. Ideally I want to avoid buying lettuce, fruit, tomatoes and a few other things.
- Raise a turkey for Christmas. This one has been at the back of my mind for a couple of years and I'm determined that we give it a go at last.
- Take more photographs. I have tried to do this over the past few months and I really think I'm getting there, but I want to start the new year with a fresh enthusiasm for documenting our life and the seasons.
- Allow myself time: time to write; time to recover if I get ill; time to spend with loved ones rather than at work; time for myself every so often. This past year time has been my most precious commodity and I've not always spent it as I would have liked.
- Be happier. Whatever it takes.
What do you have planned for the year ahead?