I've been making variations of these cookies for some time now, but I do like to mix it up a bit when I get the chance. Today I added orange juice and zest for a fruitier flavour, and I'm pretty happy with the results - they're also the easiest bake you can possibly imagine. I urge you to give them a go...
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lightly grease.
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- Add the butter, honey and orange juice to a pan and slowly heat until melted.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the dry mix. Stir well. At this point you can add more orange juice or more oats as necessary - you want a sticky consistency.
- Add the raisins to the mix.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray - it should make approximately 9 cookies.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Eleanor is obsessed with stories. She writes for a number of online spaces including This is Your Kingdom, edits Creative Countryside, curates #aseasonalyear and teaches at Chalk House. In addition, she is currently studying for an MA in Creative Non-Fiction Writing. You'll find her roving the fields of the Lincolnshire Wolds or planning her next rural adventure.